Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 4:59 PM
Subject: [OT] Big tape loop/Jibbolii fest

I stumbled onto this page while doing a search for tape loops, and found these cool pictures...a whole bunch of people doing things to a massive, room-spanning physical 1/4" loop, at a festival at a place called Fylkingen, in Sweden in 2003.

http://home.swipnet.se/sonoloco12/fylkingenevents/loop.html

What I found also interesting was this set of pictures from a festival called Jibbolii, at the same place...lots of new music performance. A few known names among them (KK Null, DJ Female Trouble, Mats Gustafsson)...I found it heartwarming, all these obviously enthusiastic people doing some crazy stuff. And definitely some great examples of people bringing a very visual element to performance.

http://home.swipnet.se/sonoloco15/jibbolii/dag1/dag1a.html

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com