Re: All My CDs Marked down to $5.00

Totally agree with the sentiment and personally pass things along as opposed to trashing them. The problem is still that any material purchase is going to wind up in a landfill eventually - whether the original purchaser puts it there or passes the responsibility on to someone else. Also, someone who may not be able to purchase a CD at $16 may be able to purchase the same full set of tunes for $9 from "iTunes" or at least the "hit of the day" for a lot less. How many times does one listen to a CD (album, vinyl etc.) before it goes to the shelf where it sits for years before getting another listen?