From: Matthew F. McCabe
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Wednesday, 2 August, 2006 16:22 PM
Subject: Re: All My CDs Marked down to $5.00

I agree.  I'd much rather own a physical CD.  It's almost as if mp3s
cheapen
music...in that it's much easier to delete a couple of files than it is to
throw a CD in the trash.

Matt

On Jul 30, 2006, at 5:42 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:

I sure am. I have all of the CDs going through all of the digital
distribution as well.

All in all, I don't really do this for the money, yet I have waffled back
and forth on this notion of whether I should give my CDs away, sell them
for
standard market price, or severely discounted. It is a tough call, and
pretty much based on one's personal values on the matter....BUT, for me,
the
gist is that I never want to generate a situation as an artist when
someone
can't own one of my CDs simply because they can't afford it, or because
they
have too many other CDs on their list and mine isn't the the highest
priority.  I'd rather give my CDs away or mark them down to CD Baby's
cost,
then not have folks listening to my music.  And, believe it or not, I am
of
the generation who still enjoys owning and having a physical CD. When I
produce a CD, the artwork on the sleeves is just as much a part of the
production as the music. It all fits together into a theme. I like for
people to have my physical CDs, not just the MP3s and digital art. If they
don't they are missing a significant element of the production.

Kris