Re: OT: Small/Light Acoustic Guitar Amps

Yeah, they are definitely not cheap, that's for sure.  I have to wonder
how
much these expensive amps colorize or "enhance" the tone of the acoustic
guitar, and that what folks are buying is the technology to produce a
proprietary tone, like that of a tube amp or preamp. After all, some of us
acoustic guitar players just want an amp to transparently reproduce the
sound of the acoustic guitar, not alter it.  And in light of this, I would
ask, isn't that what a high quality full range powered PA speaker is
supposed to do?

What am I getting in a boutique acoustic guitar amp for $1000 + that I am
not getting in a decent powered full range PA speaker? I don't need EQ or
preamp, as I have that built into the guitar.  Is it odd that we would
preamp and EQ an acoustic guitar with its onboard electronics, and then do
this yet again with the EQ and preamp section on an amp? Seems redundant.
Rhetorical questions, of course...but enquiring minds want to know. :)

Kris