Re: LD Forum

Krispen Hartung wrote:
> What would be cool, to prevent having a redundant system, is a program
> that used the data from the LD archive to show a web-based discussion
> message and click a "respond" button.  I don't know how Kim has the
> database setup, but it seems like the technology is out there to do
> this. So, it wouldn't be a separate forum, but just another view and
> user interface of the LD list.

The Max list went this way and it seemed to be a big change. I guess at
least one person was doing a fulltime job for several months to make it
happen. In the end it was open for spambots for one or two days which
was enough to flood my inbox since then with significantly more and
annoying spam. I probably have to change my e-mail adress...

The only advantage was the opening for less community aware members. (I
still wellcome them, but it needed a lot more "educational" explanations
how a list community works, and the fluctuation on the list of course is
much bigger as well.)

This made a lot of sense for cycling, as they do sell software and there
is a need for this sort of support.

I doubt the loopers-delight community would benefit much from it...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------