Re: EDP knowledge was: EDP ignorance

At 10:06 AM 8/12/2006, loop.pool wrote:
>I was thinking that it might be cool to have Gibson or Aurisis sponsor a
>webpage where users explained musical techniques,   how to achieve them
>and why they are useful aesthetically to augment the EDP manual.

I thought I did that already, about 10 years ago!

It would be nice if people used the site for discussing looping rather
than
say, acoustic guitar amps. :-) (or whatever the latest non-looping thread
is)

>Still,  it was very confusing to me because it didn't have connection to
>musicality. It has always felt like a manual written for techies,  and I
>just have never been much of a techie myself.

Are you talking about the old manual or the new one? I almost completely
rewrote it for the EDP plus, and tried to reorganize it. It seems to me
the
volume of complaining about the manual went down after that.

>In it's defense,  Andy is correct...........it would have been several
>times as large

it is already 310 pages long!

>but I still think a lot of beginning users don't get what this thing can
>do until they see someone use it really well.

Isn't this true of any instrument? When I've bought guitars they rarely
came with more than 1 page of instructions. And those just explained how
set intonation or what each knob did. I learned how to play from teachers,
practicing, studying, listening, watching, etc. There is a whole ecosystem
for learning.

It seems to me there is plenty of opportunity for talented loopers to
teach
lessons or write books or make instructional videos. Why not you? What are
you all waiting for?

kim