Re: OT Cabin baggage ban hits musicians

>id also like to mention that if you check equipment
>in, take a quick look at it when you claim your
>baggs,a couple of years ago i had a talk box effect
>opened,it arrived without screws and it seems like one
>of my acoustic guitar internal pickups was inspected
>as well since one of the cables inside was dettatched!
>Luis

yep, I had my guitar tuner pulled open for inspection
( and it wasn't designed to open )

If you spot the damage right away and report it,
it's possible to get compensation from the airline,
..but absurdly limited to the weight of the item.
My acoustic guitar sustained a crack once, and
compensation was about £140, corresponding
to the maximum baggage weight allowed. ( though the guitar weighed much
less )

andy