Re: Question to Claude (Was EDP ignorance) / live-looping podcastpossibilty

As a quick note to Claude:

> Yes the above PS was a provocation towards "fast looper"
I guess I missed that vibe...  I don't always pick on sarcasm so well,
especially in e-mail.

Just for the record, my statement was not meant as some sort of
retaliation, but as admiration and awe.  I certainly didn't feel
provoked in anyway.  I may never have the chance to see you perform
live, and I'd love the opportunity to catch a glimpse via video if you
were to ever record something, and I'd love to see how you perform with
this particular technique.  I just understood your PS as a statement of
fact, and so my response was meant to be a compliment to show respect
for implementing such a creative idea.  No offense inteded, and I hope
you understand that I'm not looking for some quick-fix method of
looping.  I know it's a long learning process that I fully intend to
venture.  I've certainly enjoyed and appreciated the benefit of gleaning
from more experienced loopers like yourself on this list.

Moving on, as a web-technology nut, I'd like to offer to help promote
the live looping experience at large by setting up a podcast that any
live-looping artist could post to.  The idea just occurred to me today
as I was enjoying all the 30 second snippets that have been contributed
to the LD 10th Anniversary collection (and feeling a bit foolish to be
included in such a collaboration!).  I haven't worked out all the
details or written the code, but my initial idea is this:  I could set
up a web form where live-looping artists of any genre from all over the
world could upload an mp3 or video clip (would need to be mp4, but I
could perhaps perform the conversion from other file types) and submit
it along with the appropriate information (creator, title, link to
looper's website, brief description, etc.).  After verifying that the
file isn't corrupted or infected and the content is relevant to
live-looping, I would publish the item into a collective podcast that
could be registered with iTunes, etc.  I would host the files myself.

I know that if such a podcast existed, I would thoroughly enjoy it.
However, I'm not married to the idea if you guys think it's stupid.
What do you think?

--Josh