Repeater CFC question

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked many times before but I didnīt want to
dive into the archive. I bought a new Sandisk 512 mb CFC for my Repeater
recently I donīt seem to get the Repeater to record on it. After two or
three seconds the display reads "card too slow" although I chose a CFC with
a 2gb data stream (a quicker one didnīt work, either). My four-year old
128mb CFC I bought shortly after I acquired the Repeater works flawlessly.
Any recommendations? Storing and processing patches I recorded using the
internal memory is no problem with the new CFC, but recording directly on
the CFC in order to overcome the limitations of the internal memory size
doesnīt work. This is somewhat nasty, especially I canīt keep returning
CFCs
to the store I bought them at...

Thanks,

Stephen.