EDP Feedback control via FCB1010

I have been using the FCB's expression pedal to control the EDP's feedback
for years. Due to the stupidly designed Exp pedal which can only be
assigned
to 1 midi channel, I have dedicated one of the Exp pedals specifically for
the feedback control.
This has always worked great, but I can't use that pedal for anything else,
unless it is on the same midi channel.

Now, I suppose I could set up a bunch of presets that trigger between 100%
feedback and a smaller value. Not quite the instant feedback control
because
I would have to get to a specific bank and press the right pedal for, say,
80% feedback.

Now I could assign the EDP to the same channel as another fx unit, and for
those few fx patches that need it, I could use the exp pedal...but I am
guessing sending a bunch of midi info to the EDP (program changes, CCs,
note
ons..) might have unpredictable results.

Another option is just use a volume pedal for feedback, although I have no
room on my current board for that. Any other workarounds?  Gak.

Dave Eichenberger-
http://www.hazardfactor.com