Re: RC-50 First Time Experience

Hi Bill

> I was never able to get Loop2 to que up and
> start playing after Loop1 ended.

There are three ways to handle this:

1.)
Of course, the most elegant way to handle this is to switch to SINGLE
MODE. I need to check if this works only immediately or also with
loop-end, though. In the first case, you'd have to hit the PHRASE pedal at
the right time.

2.)
You can configure for each phrase if it will stop
IMMEDIATE/FADE-OUT/LOOP-END. Default is to stop immediately. So, you can
set this to LOOP-END.
So, _theoretically_ you could i.e.:
- play PHRASE1
- during loop, press STOP PHRASE1
- PHRASE1 will stop at the end of the loop
- at the _same_ time, press PLAY for PHRASE2
Due to some odd bug, however, this will only work if you have a PHRASE3
running in parallel. PHRASE3 could contain anything or just silence, it
doesn't matter. But there needs to be another loop running. Don't ask me
why. Odd bug...

3.)
This is what I use personally:
You can add up to 4 foot switches. I bought some that are easy to press.
For each PHRASE, you can assign a foot switch with PLAY/STOP PHRASE.
So, I usually start playing PHRASE1, then press PLAY/STOP foot switches
for 1+2 _at_the_same_time. So I stop PHRASE1 and start PHRASE2.
It sounds weird at the beginning but works very well with a little
practice.

For those who are spoilt with Echoplex, this approach might be achaic.
However, it all works ;-)

This all reminds me: I should get back to my RC-50 tutorial... (other
projects holding me up;-)

Best regards
Buzap