OT: Stereo audio routing question...

OK... I'm now thinking that my need for a mixer
(thanks Stan!) may have been not all I need.  I think
what I need is a router/switcher as well.  Please
don't say "Switchblade" as that's way out of my price
range although it looks like a perfect solution.  Is
there a poor man's switchblade?

Here's my setup.  Tell me how you'd do it.  I've got 4
stereo line level instruments.  I only need to hear
one at a time... more would be fine but not all that
important.  I want the ability to A) Choose one to
monitor and B) Choose whether or not it's routed
through a true stereo effects loop. (none of this mono
out, stereo in)

Mostly I want to do this because I'm having a ball
playing guitar with a sustainac while messing with the
tone using an AirFX and/or a Korg KAOSS pad, but I
don't want it in line all the time and I'd like the
ability to route other instruments to them from time
to time.  The reason I say no to the switchblade is
that for the money I'd actually be able to buy
additional AirFX's and KAOSS pads and a Sustainiac C
for my second guitar... but that's getting silly.  Any ideas?