Re: keeping loops interesting

Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
> as is sit (sorry kim:) here looping some other ideas come to me:
>
> a) if using chords, double up the loop this makes it fatter
> b) you don't need a looper to loop, you can do this with your playing
> c) voice chords differently, this can give you a nice sense of harmony

Important for me:

a) use a lot of different loops, some very long (up to 90 seconds...)
b) vary the material, let go the sense of harmony...
c) never let go the sense of comedy, but be serious about it... ;-)
d) an error occurs only if you don't loop it...
e) create surprises, surprise yourself...
f) have more feedbacks than loops...
g) process the feedbacks, not the loops...
h) To follow all of these, you have to build the looper yourself...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------