Re: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

jeff says:-
>I prefer all those to "weird"....the word weird says more about the
>listener than the performer....the word I prefer to all of them is
>"creative music"...

true, "wierd" is very subjective, whether used admiringly or as a
criticism,
...but I'm not sure that it's therefore uninteresting.

The only music I've found "wierd" lately is certain types of ethnic
music, where the performers presumably considered what they were
doing to be very ordinary.

Here in Norwich, the bell ringing is ordinary, but I imagine some
might find it strange to hear such structured "systems music" music
played on unwieldy instruments.

andy butler