Re: RE: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

Im interested that you guys even risk playing "Irish pubs" or "coffee bars"!!! (Altho I realise that Coffee bars are a "thing" in th US)
Here in Europe (OSlo to be specific) I could play every weekend at some such weird venue or other, (if only I could get off my ass to arrange it...(still feel guilty Rick!!!) )

I always play in front of completely appreciative crowds where I am often the more "musical" of a bunch of acts... as in "I play notes occasionally".
Or maybe I'm just spoilt by living in the Oslo Noise scene for the last 8 years...
I just wouldnt risk plying somewhere I know to be wrong... what would be the point??? Door money??? I dont think so! LOL!!

I remember one gig I did with The cranes tho, in um... snowy place... um.. damn it... ahh yes Vermont! Where, after the show our manager came back from the office with a grim look, "Lets go" he said... "unless you guys can play Freebird or someting" We looked at each other wondering... whats Freebird??? Apparently, the scene in the Venue office was... Club owner with gun on table, saying.. IM not gonna pay you, gotta problem with that?
We of course did what any sensible band would do in such circumstances... put suger in his pick-ups petrol tank and drove like the wind outta state!!!
mark francombe
marks website is at www.markfrancombe.com he writes for www.furthernoise.org and works at www.transformlearning.com

It has removed 1071 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!