Re: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

On 19 sep 2006, at 08.28, markfrancombe.com wrote:

> I just wouldnt risk plying somewhere I know to be wrong... what
> would be the point??? Door money??? I dont think so! LOL!!

The only reason I can think of is for pure fun, eventually brought by
such a "sociological/musical experiment". I was once booked to play
at a beer bar's "singer-songwriter's evening", against that fact that
I warned them and said "I won't play any known songs and I can't tell
you which instrument I will use, or what it will sound like, until
I'm standing there on the stage". When I played it was miles out of
the club concept but the funny thing is that it was appreciated by
most people. Which was a big surprise to me, then   ;-D

I use to think about this future concept of doing an "Instant
Misplacement Tour". The idea is to have a very cheap and portable
looping rig and some records to sell (to secure income) and then play
at places that are completely "wrong". I do not think about this as a
way of "confronting people" but more as a way of "winning them
over" (and I think this difference in attitude is the clue to what
will make it work)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)