Re: Jeff Becks "Jeff" album

On 20 sep 2006, at 00.48, Charles Zwicky wrote:
> No, Jeff isn't using any looping devices. All of that stuff you
> hear is a product of Andy Wright and David Torn's production.

Back when it was released (2003?) I read an interview with Beck and
he was obviously impressed with about Andy's post treatments in
Protools. Basically cutting stuff up, reversing, re-pitching, copying
and moving slices etc. But done on the recording, not performed in
real-time by the musician while the source audio was performed.

As I understand, many of us loopers on this list work in similar
ways; first recordiing a unique live looping performance and then
taking it to another level by careful DAW editing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)