asynchronus hardware loopers

Hi all,

  I've been happily working with my EDP+ stereo setup for many months
now.  The main feature that I rely on for creating structure of a piece
is NextLoop.  I'll record 3 or 4 independent loops and toggle between
them like some twisted verse-chorus-bridge thing.  I conceptualize this
as a "horizontal" looper where I build discrete sections and then chain
them.  It's great for the way I work...but...the next thing that I want
to do structure wise is I guess called asynchronus looping.  By that I
mean laying down say a bass part in 4/4, then overlaying a drum part in
5/4, and maybe a vocal part in 7/4.  I conceptualize this as a
"vertical" looper where 1 section is built on top of the other.  I'm
guessing this is the concept of the Looperlative, correct?  Throwing a
Looperlative in front of my EDP+ setup is way too much money for what
I'm looking for.  Are there other hardware loopers I could get to add
asynchronus looping to my EDP+ setup without paying so much?

I'm thinking that by putting an asynch looper in front of my EDP+ setup
I could create "vertical" loops then package them as "horizontal" loop
sections and have the best of both worlds  :-)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dennis