Re: The Longest Loop Ever Recorded

Ferrara Brain Pan wrote:
> Any idea what it is? (in hours:minutes:seconds, or if a tape loop,
> then how long in feet or meters)...

The longest loop for sure will be longer than any physical tape could be
in the age of digital storage...

But there is a conceptual problem. I you think in terms of the longest
loop, when did you hear it? I guess you can only tell if you have heard
the complete loop at least two times.
Consider you want to break the Guiness book record of the longest loop?
How would you do this? You just start recording, and as soon you passed
the maximum time ever reached, you start to replay... In that moment you
realise the maximum got just bigger and you restart that again (still
recording) That would create a pretty short loop of the beginning of the
recording, letting the attempt to create the ever biggest loop result in
a pretty short loop with feedback...
The longest loop sounds just like a short loop with feedback set to
100%... (noodle, noodle, noodle.... ;-)

What a weird idea to put sports (faster, higher, longer) onto loops...
(remember olympics? those who always run in a circle, thats also a long
loop...)

I limited my loops to 90 seconds, which I consider pretty short...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------