Re: MAX/MSP Conversion Complete...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Tiedje" <Stefan-Tiedje@addcom.de>
is no need to invent the wheel again...

>> My guess is that it might be more difficult to build a MAX/MSP
>> Blackbird equivalent, because MAX/MSP seems to start at a more
>> fundamental level in terms of the building blocks of patches. I'd be
>> blown away if a MAX/MSP programmer did this...because right now
>> Blackbird (thanks to Dave Coffin who shared it with me) is my favorite
>> patch of all, out of all my VSTs, etc.
>
> Is there a Reaktor demo which could load it to have a look?

Yes indeed. You can download at the NI website. I'll even send you the
blackbird ensemble, and you can see the internal workings. If you can make
MAX/MSP patch that emulates the Tangerine snap, I'll pay you $$$.

> Usually if I hear inspiring sounds and recreate them in Max the end up
> being very different and much better (thats a matter of taste of course
> ;-)

Exactly! Jeff Kaiser and I just created a emulation of  a patch on my Boss
VF-1...it is a dual pitch shifter with delay that feedbacks the pitch into
itself, genrating some intense sounds.  It is VERY close to the actual
patch. Fun.  You can hear the original VF1 patch here:

http://box.net/public/khartung/files/301858.html

I am converting it to VST this week to share.

Kris