Re: fcb1010: dirty data...anyone ever noticed?

thank ye per...

that is exactly what i'm up to...hence my newfound interest in all things midi.

i've been in the process of migrating for a while, but until recently never seemed to have enough time between tours to take it all apart and re-work it all.
now i've had a good chunk of time to get my head around it, plan it out, implement and then actually practice.

i mapped some of my "songs" so that they are "played" by midi clips Ableton. it's amazing only having to press one button and let Live do the rest. (a few glitches with midi notes sent on downbeats of new clips...working on it).

i have a hybrid setup where i can stop the progression of midi clips at any time and revert to looping the old way (with the tool palette on the fcb1010)

however, for purely improv pieces, i'm still using the footpedal to RPTR setup and just the computer for audio processing.

anyway, next on the list is to do what you say for the "off the cuff"  pieces too.

nothing is perfect though, in some ways i feel like i'm just substituting old problems for new ones!

can't wait to hear you at y2k6!

-z