Re: MAX/MSP Conversion Complete...

On 5 okt 2006, at 01.12, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> Two things, on the wishlist...converting a PC VST to a MAC VST,

When converting PC VST to Mac you must not leave out the AU plug-in
format (better compatibility, more future proof). If some developer
would release a Windows to OSX plug-in converter I would guess the AU
format would be the target and eventually VST thrown in as an extra
bonus. Today we have great converters from FXpansion that translates
from VST/OSX to AU/OSX. When researching this I found that the wish
for VST/Windows to AU(VST)/OSX has already been posted to FXpansion.
I didn't hear about any such plans though and I can't say if it would
even be technically possible.

> and converting a Reaktor Ensemble to a PC or MAC VST....that would
> be musical ecstasy. :)  You'd think they could do that with
> Reaktor, like what you can do with MAX.

Are you saying you have to CONVERT a Max patch created in Max/Windows
before you can use it in Max/OSX? That's bad. I thought Max is saving
your work in a platform independent document format?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)