Re: MAX/MSP Conversion Complete...

On 5 okt 2006, at 19.35, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> I MAX patch created in Windows will only work as a Windows VST, to
> my knowledge, not in MAC. I would have to send my MAX patch to
> someone with MAX on a Mac, and they could convert to a Mac
> compatible VST.  At least I think this is how it works!

Are you sure you can save a max patch "as VST"? Isn't VST quite
another plug-in format than normally used in Max? I know you can save
plug-ins created in Max, as for example the excellent Pluggo suite,
but I've never heard that should be the same as Steinbergs format VST?

If you have Max installed, will you really have to save your patch as
a plug-in? I have always thought you simply save it as "a work
document for Max". And I have also presumed that, since a couple of
years, such a "Max work document" may be opened either from Max in
Windows or from Max in OSX. Is that correct?

One thing I really appreciate in Ableton Live is that documents as
well as "als" files (time-stretch and pitch data) may be opened,
edited and saved on both OSX and XP with no compatibility issues.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)