OT: IDEAL SMALL STUDIO SPECIFICATIONS FOR LOOPERS? (WAS OT: STUDIO PICS)

Greetings earthlings and other pilgrims,

While the previous OT discussion was being kicked about, it suddenly
dawned on
me that this question is perhaps NOT so off-topic for loopers per se.
As often
as not, perhaps even more often, looping is a solitary occupation not
needing a
large room for a whole band to fit in -- even though some of us do have
a lot of
gear to consider. And, sometimes being the painfully weird, experimental
noise-makers that we often are, practicing in the family living room
(or even
out in the  garage) does not make much of a recipe for domestic bliss.
A safe
and sane sonic sanctuary situated somewhere in the sideyard (or the
south 40)
sounds like a simply splendiferous idea.

I am contemplating building a small, detatched  studio room/structure
beside my
home here in Oregon. The funny thing is, in this area you can legally
build up
to a 200 square foot building without any expensive building permits --
which
suddenly makes it not only a rather feasable but even an affordable
idea -- no
permits, fees, licenses and I can more-or-less build it myself (with a
little
help for parts where I either don't own the tools or have adequate
knowledge).

Since, as the discussion last mentioned that "SIZE MATTERS" (as well as
shape
and sound baffling/controlling surfaces), what sort of layout might
anyone here
recommend for a room of that size. I was a thinking of a just a 16' x
12.5'
rectangle. But, I sort of surmised that perhaps those dimensions might
not be
ideal. I was thinking of modifying a regular garage/shed kit of some
sort -- so
trying to build the perfect seven-sided saucer-shaped audio igloo
thingy won't
work either. I gotta think WITHIN THE BOX as it were.

Do any of you have any expert thoughts about shapes and sizes for
MUSICALLY
pleasing recording rooms at or under 200 square feet and are still
fairly
rectangular? This is not the sort of thing one can log on ans ASK THIS
OLD HOUSE
is it. So . . . I am asking you all.

Cheers,

Best regards,