Re: US standard power plug? (Y2K6)

Since nobody else has responded, I'll take a shot: I'd say
grounded--while some older homes have ungrounded plugs, I'd be
surprised if a public venue didn't offer a grounded outlet.  Seems
like that would be a code violation.

Of course, it would still be prudent to bring a 3 prong to 2 prong
adaptor (I've heard them called "cheaters") just in case. While it's
not likely, there is a serious risk injury if you use a 2 prong
adaptor if there are other electrical wiring issues. There was a news
story here a while back of a minister who was electrocuted while using
a wireless mic at a baptism. My recollection is that while the
baptismal font played a role, the real problem was that the whole
church had been grounded to an electric water tank heater, and it
created a closed loop.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net