FX blowing upRE: ot: random effect (broken digitech)

That sounds more interesting than the sh*t that's going on with *my* gear
-- these malfunctions are more inexplicable/intermittent than actually
random:
1. a FazzFace that suddenly gets quieter and smaller-sounding in the middle
of a gig, and with a fresh battery, too (My Rat did this once, and
excercising the footswitch cured it totally, but that trick does not work
on this Fuzz Face)
2. a Vortex whose 2 looping algorithms only loop when they feel like it,
instead of the consistently entertaining performance they used to provide
3. a VF-1 whose best aand most useful (IMHO) amp preset suddenly has lost
all of its spunk and "interestingness"

AAAAARGH! There! I feel better already. Okay, no, I don't. (LOL)

All 3 of these are happening at once. I am open to the metaphysical
possibility that I am one of these unfortunate folks who transmit some sort
of frequency that screws up anything more electronically complex than a
wall clock

effects (the light flashes and the display switches real fast from one
effect to next) or
>   the amp models will cycle through randomly. i've recorded it once, and
it was
>   kind of interesting in its randomness. (has sort of an extreme tremolo
effect in quick changing of effects/amp models)
>   unfortunately it happens when i'm trying to do something specific....
>   i try to think of the old adrian belew comment of working w/ your gears
quirks-i think
>   he was talking about one of his gtrs had a broken pu, so he kept using
it , instead of replacing it (i think he talked about it being a real
twangy sound-he used on one of his songs on one of his 1st solo albums back
in 80's)