Re: RC50 End of Loop

Hi guys

> It's great to know that the hiccup can be avoided
@Andy: Maybe my message was a bit misleading... I haven't found a way to
avoid the "hiccup", except playing over it (which doesn't bother me at
all). I just wanted to say that - besides this "hiccup" at the begining- I
haven't experienced any latency issues (the hiccup is NOT a latency issue,
it is just a "temporary mute"!), if you use the settings I have
recommended.

>I haven't seen any way to determine the end of a  loop, i.e. visually on
>the RC-50. Am I correct in that understanding?
@Paul: Yes, that can be an issue. I usually "whisper" an almost not
hearable sound at the and of the loop to mark the end, esp. with ryhthm
beats.

I'm not saying that the RC-50 is perfect except the "hiccup" (let's say
again: "temporary mute at the first repetition of a recorded loop"). I
think I would look for something else if I needed tempo change/sync and
midi slave sync as main feature, and also for feedback control something
else might work easier for you (though I have great feedback control with
my RC-50 for my purposes).

I don't think of it as a hassle that certain things just need getting used
to on the RC-50. Just with every piece of gear or instrument you have, it
needs passion, curiosity and patience to dive into its full potential.
In this context, I find reading Andre LaFosse (www.altruistmusic.com)
working with the EDP very inspiring.

So, I'm not saying that the RC-50 is the right tool for everyone. I'm just
saying it is a well prized tool with a lot of depth & possibilities in a
nice all-in-one pedal board.

Best regards
Buzap