Re: footswitch for electrix repeater

I think Rune may have been inquiring about the "simple" footswitch (using a TRS cable between it and the footswitch jack), not the MIDI. I use the Digitech too, the three-button. Any momentary (non-latching) footswitch will do. The Digitech has the advantage of having the three-buttons configuration (serving Undo, Play/Stop and Record/Play). When I just checked the Boss site there is a two-button but not a three-button version of their footswitch. This would forego one of the above functions (not sure which, but handiest would be if it were Undo).

If you're a DIY-er, this kind of switch should be pretty simple to home-bake as well.

Cheers,
Nic

On 10/10/06, Per Boysen < perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10 okt 2006, at 20.46, rune fagereng wrote:

> I am looking for a footswitch for my repeater. I know
> the digitech can be used, this one is hard to get
> around my place. Please tell me, does anyone know if
> there are others, like boss who can be used ?

You can use anything that sends the MIDI events the Repeater is
hardwired to follow. At the end of the Repeater manual there is a
MIDI chart. Just compare that list with the MIDI chart for the
footswitch you want to evaluate.

You may also use other MIDI pedals that do not send exactly what the
Repeater needs, but then you need to put something between that
"translates" - like for example a computer.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)