Re: sooperlooper for intel mac

On Oct 15, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Brian Good wrote:

> But before I install, can anyone comment on how happily Jack
> coexists with CoreAudio?

I did find an odd issue. I began finding a file in my trash after
restarts called RingBuffertemp, this even after periods of time when
I was using no audio software. I traced the file to Jack.  Seemed
harmless enough but recently I launched iTunes and the audio sounded
like it was coming thru a Ring modulator. I had to shut the computer
down and turn it back on to stop the "hi-Jack."

I ended up dumping Jack because I was not using it that much but it
was stable whenever I used it. I have not had the time to sort out
the particulars but I don't think the problem was so much an issue
with CoreAudio but instead a slight conflict between Jack, Pluggo and
Soundflower on my system (osX 10.4.7).

A minor thing really, Jack seemed to work fine.

Anyway, fyi.

regards

BobC

http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier