gig spam oct 23, philly, pa usa

hey guys,

hope to see y'all@bar noir located in the rittenhouse square section of
center city, philadelphia, pa - usa -- on mon. Oct 23rd, 9pm-2am ---- it's
a free show --- featuring my new & very rock n' roll band, Baptist
Preachers -- BP is headlining/making a Philly debut (think loud punk,
urban - female fronted, surf, hardcore-80's pop-newwave & stax styled rnb
colliding with mutated jazz standards done punk  & you'll get it) ---
opening for BP is a reunion of my old band akash:
http://www.myspace.com/akashmusic01 (think mega-drone, layered, looped
guitars, synths, psych, spacerock, noise, free jazz & lot's of visual -
bdsm themed performance art married to radical-left leaning -
female-spoken word & of course add full on-nudity & yeah, you'll start to
get the pic).  + it's my birthday party too.

& by golly, there's a really nice mention of this lil' event in this weeks
philadelphia citypaper --- out@finer newstands, street corners in philly &
also viewable online:

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2006/10/19/Icepack

& just for my firewalled friends out there who are perhaps@work@their day
gig, please do see relevant txt pasted below:

► Future perfect art-house rocker/anarchist/journalist/ex-Temple of Bon
Matin dude John Cecil Price has done everything from spoken-word-scented
funk with Phil Moore Brown's Chuck D (with whom he'll be working in
December) to free jazz with Elliott Levin to free-space-goth-ambient
hoo-hah with Akash (with whom JCP had a legendary falling out). Plus
you've got to find his all-that-and-more compilation CD, The Black and
Blue American. Well, not only will Price debut his new Baptist Preachers
— pop/surf/R&B done hardcore — at Bar Noir Oct. 23 for his birthday.
He'll reunite for a one-time-only Akash gig. "It's time to bury the
hatchet," says Price, who calls his Preachers "the strongest band I've
ever played with making the most accessible music I've ever played."

John Cecil Price
http://www.johncecilprice.com