PIX: Y2K6 Experimental Looping at the Luggage Store, San Francisco

Here are some pix from the Experimental Side of Looping gig at
the Luggage Store.

www.looppool.info/y2k6loopfest/experimentalLOOPING

Thanks to Matt for hosting us.  We had a wonderful gig with surprise
appearances by Per Boysen (who was my official 'processor/looper" for the
evening
and Ryusei Hattori who played a beautiful Daxaphone improvisation with
Rainer
Straschill, Per and myself.

Krispen Hartung and Jeff Kasier had a beautiful opening set.   I was
really
impressed!
I really liked the synergy between these two wonderful musicians.   The
music was really
out and challenging but at the same time, deeply musical and these guys
were
really practising deep, deep listening.

I, myself,  only played instruments last night (mostly metal sound sources
with a lot of
singing and my (gasp!) debut on purple anodized pocket trumpet.
I was so nervous doing it because Jeff Kaiser is a master trumpet player
and
I've been
playing for a good two months,  but Per did truly beautiful processing and
looping
and Rainer was really laying down some beautiful atmospheric sounds as
well.

Later we will find out if Kris Hartung M-Audio recorder got a good
recording
of the show.
I hope so because it was one of my favorite shows I've done in the last
year
or so.

On to the Loopers Delght Party tonight.

Bill and Scoots (Michael Klobuchar) went down last night while we were
gone
and set up
the entire festival.     I thought today would be the day from hell in
terms
of logistics
so they just saved a lot of work and worry.     Thanks a lot you guys!!!!!

We're on for the big festival tomorrow