Re: Suggestion about looping gear

Title:
Thanks a lot for your useful reply Douglas!
In fact, DD-20 was another option I was considering. I'll definitely try it out as soon as I can.
As for my music, I basically work thus: I let electronic rythmic parts run on the background, and add layers of guitar loops: very simple and generally brief arpeggios, or chords, on which I add solos (sometimes with my ebow), or just very spacey soundscapes (lots of reverbs etc). That is why I need perfect timing control over my loops: they need to be perfectly synchronized with the drum track I run in the background. I guess you could say what I do is somewhere in between Lali Puna/the late Radiohead, Labradford, with a kind of ambient touch to it. If this description gives anyone relevant information for more precise suggestions, I would really appreciate the help from the community. :)

Thanks everyone

Lorenzo

Douglas Baldwin ha scritto:
Greetings from Looperland, Lorenzo!
    You'll find a very helpful group here at Loopers Delight. To answer just
a couple of your questions:

I also thought I could buy
just a simple delay, but my question here is how long will a phrase be
repeated by a "plain" delay?

    I'm a big fan of the Boss DD-20. If set to maximum delay, it will repeat
forever.

Can I overdub more than one phrase with a
delay?

You can overdub as much as you like with the DD-20. You can even create
phrases of two different lengths if you like. Read up on the DD-20 at
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/bossDD20/bossDD20.html

What is essential to me is that the loop is accurate with timing, very
precise (some loopers I have tried were not quite quick enough in
responding to my hitting the footswitch for "rec" or "stop").

I use the DD-20 for very precise time changes, and it's never given me a
problem. Feel free to describe more about your music and how you use
loops/delays, and you will find the looping community here eager to help and
make suggestions.
Best,
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
www.thecoyote.org
coyotelk@optonline.net

"Life! Life!
Clouds and clowns!
You don't have to come down!"
- Sly and the Family Stone

__________ Informazione NOD32 1.1495 (20060418) __________

Questo messaggio  è stato controllato dal Sistema Antivirus NOD32
http://www.nod32.it