Re: further questions about midi sync.

At 10:28 PM 10/22/2006, margaret noble wrote:
>i have been experimenting with midi sync but still
>haven't successfully configured it. i wanted to check
>my facts with you since your last emails:
>
>- no matter what midi channel you are on from a
>device, all the channels will stay on the same
>midi-clock. that is to say, that, if my echoplex is
>the master clock, and it is transmitting midi data on
>midi channel 1. if my machine drum is set as its slave
>but receives midi data on midi channel 5 then it will
>still be on the echoplex's master clock even though
>the data is transmitting into another midi channel?

yes, that is correct. MIDI clock is global, so all devices receive it no
matter what MIDI channel they are on.

>- i am trying to get all my patterns to play in time
>but not have the machine drum trigger notes on the
>nord modular 1 that aren't in its original programmed
>sequence.

You should have the Machine Drum and the Nord on different MIDI channels.
Then the Note commands from the Machine Drum will not trigger anything on
the Nord. They hsould both still be able to receive MIDI clock.

I don't know answers to your other questions, as they are specific to the
Machine Drum and Nord Modular and I don't have either of those.

kim