Ninjam server

The Ninjam Kyberfest that Rainer arranged was a terrific experience that
really opened my eyes to the possibilities of the technology. I think
that Ninjam is particularly well-suited to this group, as our music is
often not dependent on scripted chord changes and arrangements, many of
us lean towards improvisation, and also because we're extremely
international.

So...what I'd like to see happen is to have a LD-exclusive Ninjam
server, open to any members and their acquaintances, and on which time
could be scheduled for sessions. I'm willing to put some money towards
this; when I remember how much I paid in San Francisco for rehearsal
space (more than I pay to rent an entire house here in Mexico) I can
find it easier to justify an investment, a chunk towards setup and then
at least some part of the monthly fee. My local playing opportunities
are extremely limited, thus far, and especially through hearing and
"meeting" so many people through the Y2k6 fest, I'm very excited about
playing with people on this list as well as hearing other collaborations.

I imagine that we would need a dedicated server. These can be rented
from ISP's, of course, or if anyone owns a server perhaps we could pay
that person for use and bandwidth. In addition to Ninjam itself, I'd
like for there to be a public chatroom, an archive, a live feed from the
room, and an editable calendar (which Os has already discussed on the
Ninjam list).

What suggestions or contributions might people have for making this a
reality?

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com