Re: Ninjam server

Thanks for putting this out there, mech, it sounds like a possibility
for sure. The actual server requirements from the Ninjam page
(http://ninjam.com/download.php) suggest a server of at least 500mhz,
and 4meg of RAM use (I don't quite understand this myself, as most
servers would have at least 512 meg of RAM...?). Probably the main
concern would be bandwidth, to make sure sessions can happen without
killing your wife's sites (and by proxy, you). Ninjam says 768kbps
outbound is required for a 4-person session, which is more than any DSL
connection I'm aware of. I think we'd want to be able to host four
people at least comfortably, plus hosting sites, so probably a meg of
upload is what we'd want. Is the server on DSL? We could certainly see
about bumping up the bandwidth and paying for that, plus of course
reimbursement for the use itself.

Yes, I think Krispen was involved with setting up the server for the
Kyberfest so I'll check in with him. Mark Francombe also had one set up
for testing.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com