Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 11:35 PM
Subject: Re: Ninjam server

That does sound pretty good actually, mech. 500g a month is a lot of data transfer, I really doubt we'd approach that unless there were sessions all day, every day. They do provide source code that's compilable on Linux, on that download page. Once we talk with the folks who set up the Kyberfest, if things still look likely, we could do a few sessions and test to see how hard we're hitting the server.

In the Kyberfest group there was a lot of voiced interest in ongoing sessions. I know for me personally I could do any number of sessions a week, and just having the availability would be well worth it. I think involvement would grow as familiarity with the software increased, too. Others?

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com

Hrm, I was just looking at the specs, and this may not be quite so bad.  Although my server's only got 512meg of RAM (I've only got 512m? I could swear I'm paying for 1gig.), it's still looking like there's enough horsepower -- and certainly enough diskspace -- to spare.  I'm connected through an OC192 in the datacenter, so I think the bandwidth is good just so long as we don't go above my 500gb traffic allotment on any given month.  I do need to see if I can get the software to compile, however (i'm on linux).

I think it's worth having a conversation with some of the experts, but before I go too far, I'd like to know how much interest there is in this really?  Anybody else like the idea of another Ninjam server out there?  If we get one set up, is it actually gonna get used?

TIA!!!

    --m.

It has removed 2432 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!