Re: Ninjam server

Title:
That's a great idea. I was wondering how exactly to provide a stream and that seems like a deliciously simple way to do it, just leave the client on all the time. Nice! Let me know what you find on the forums (offlist I suppose, I've been dumping on this list all day...).

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
Wow, that gonna be great Daryl... one comment of your made me think about something else actually... the idea of an online looping venue is superb, so this is what you have... 2 areas one called The Stage and One called ... um the mosh pit (maybe not... not much moshing at looping gigs... ) Now The Stage is your NinJam server, jump in here to contribute... THEN... you run an additional client maybe ON the server (bandwidth permitting)... THEN you also run a shoutcast server (even easier to setup than the NinJam server) this should point to the audio out of the soundcard.. then you have a "listen only" access, for people who just wanna listen to some live improv looping!!!

neat huh... ? However, this functionality may be pretty easy to implement in the client... sdk is available I think... gonna check the ninjam forums and see if any work has been done with this...