Re: Ninjam server

At 11:37 AM 10/23/2006, Daryl Shawn wrote:
>So...what I'd like to see happen is to have a LD-exclusive Ninjam server,
>open to any members and their acquaintances, and on which time could be
>scheduled for sessions.

If this is going to be a Looper's Delight Ninjam server, how about hosting
it on the Looper's Delight server?

The advantage is it will be as permanent as Looper's Delight, obviously
connected to Looper's Delight, and receive much more attention from
various
loopers due to the large traffic at the site. So it won't be forgotten
about 6 months from now...

 From the specs stated previously, it didn't seem like it would be that
big
of a deal for me to do this. (LD server is a 3.2GHz P4, 512MB ram, 120G
disk, Debian Linux, 100-baseT connection into multiple OC-192 connections
at the datacenter, tied directly to tier 1 backbones with 3ms latency,
etc.) Maybe we would need to do a few trial runs to see how it goes. I
would need somebody to take charge of setting it up and helping to deal
with whatever maintenance is needed.

>In addition to Ninjam itself, I'd like for there to be a public chatroom,
>an archive, a live feed from the room, and an editable calendar (which Os
>has already discussed on the Ninjam list).

these seem like interesting ideas, I would just need somebody to commit to
implementing them!

kim