managing small e-mail lists

Hi crew-
    For my looping exploits, I am sending out e-mails to two groups. One is
a list of local musicians and friends, and one is a list of worldwide
contacts. I use Outlook Express, and I currently have the groups in my
Address Book, sorted into sub-groups of about 15 addresses per sub-group,
for a total of about 125 local folks, 450 worldwide folks. My problem is
that the Outlook Express format is pretty bitchy to edit and check. The
only
way I can cross-check addresses to see if, f'rinstance, an address is in
one
of these groups is to open up each group and visually scan every address. I
can only see about 8 addresses at a time, and I can't even print out a list
of just names or just e-mail addresses. In fact, I can't even remember HOW
printed out the lists the last time I did.

    I'm sure some of you are sending out gig and CD announcements to just a
few hundred people at a time. What do you use to manage these lists? How do
you do it?

    Thanx in advance,
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
www.thecoyote.org