RE: Mixer with MIDI scene recall

In the 90's, I was the village MIDIot for a local MI company.  Part of my
job was showing off the equipment and the Peavey MIDI Bass was on of my
favorites.  I used this same configuration with the exception of the 8128
which was already out of production.  Once the rest of the kids got past
snickering at the Peavey name, it was fun to see their faces at what that
setup could do.  Gotta be careful with the segmented frets, though.
(Remember the Guit-Organ? Oy!!!)

The only available rack mount unit I've found that could replace the 8128
is
the Switchblade.  It is a incredible piece of gear.  Still, at $2K, I
suspect the price is driven more by lack of competition then by technology.
Besides the line inputs, I need one good mic preamp and that's the >only<
reason that I'd hesitate to buy one for a rack.

dm

www.fixedfocus.org