From: Dan Ash [mailto:Daniel.Ash@Verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:46 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: re: OT: audio to midi converter

>> audio to midi hardware convertor for a guitar, which is tuned down
>almost
into the bass range

The default setting for the Axon AX-100 MKII tracks based on the pick
transient rather than the frequency, which reduces the delay usually
associated with pitch-to-voltage conversion of low notes.  It works with
standard 6-string Roland 13-pin pickups and cables and allows the guitar
signal to go through the same cable.  I won't even begin to describe the
flexibility of this unit - suffice to say it's probably the most
sophisticated unit out there - and not terribly expensive.

I have the older unit and am pleased (although I'm in standard tuning).
The
built-in sounds are standard General MIDI and pretty ho-hum, but even with
external modules or soft synths, it tracks the same as with the internal
sounds.

Here's a link to the Terratec site
http://audioen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&si
d=1

There's quite a bit of information on the Yahoo Groups site in the
midiguitar forum (http://groups.yahoo.com/). You'll need to join the group
to view the discussion.  A great resource for midi guitarists of all
stripes.

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY