Re: laptop setup - which rack to use

On 11 nov 2006, at 13.06, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:

>  RME
> Fireface400

An alternative could be the new PreSonus FireStudio.
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2006/PreSonus-FireStudio-Ships.html

I have not tested it yet, but from what I've heard it has a better
line-in level for playing a guitar directly into the machinery
without using any special outboard pre-amp

(BTW, I have a new Zoom H4 that - when used as a line box instead of
audio interface - gives an excellent guitar input together with an
XLR mic input. Yeah, I know this is not for you Rainer because you
need more inputs)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)