Re: NINJAM plugin released

On 21 nov 2006, at 09.46, a k butler wrote:
> So you just let them do all the work :-)
> ..with Ninjam-metronome, or whatever.
>
> ...and if they get it wrong they hear you out of time, but it
> sounds ok to you

Well, those questions have been circulating in my mind since the Y2K6
Ninjam. After the festival I listened back to recordings and it
seemed as every recording sounded uniquely different - and also
different from what I heard while playing :-))  I don't see this as
total flaw, because you may stick to a musical style where such
discrepancy doesn't matter much or even plays a contextual role?

I think we're eventually misunderstanding each other somewhere in
this discussion? It shouldn't be associated with "doing a lot of
work" to play musically, listening to each other to stick with the
same tempo and key etc. Normally that's the most easy task in music
because that's what sounds best to every one and simply the direction
any group improvisation naturally gravitates to.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)