Re: Mobius Loop quantize?

On 21 nov 2006, at 18.43, Panagiotis Melidis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i want to be able to perform as follows
>
> loop something, calculate its tempo, and then every other thing i
> overdub is
> quantized on this particular tempo.
>
> is it the function rc-20xl has or am i wrong?

As far as I understand the RC-20xl you are wrong, because it only
synchronizes according to tap tempo.

> and most importantly, can i do this in mobius, without syncing to
> host tempo but
> making all my tracks sync to the first one i just recorded?

The answer depends on what you mean by your question, which I'm
afraid is a bit unclear. So I will "safe up" by giving two answers:

- If you intend to have the audio you are overdubbing quantized the
answer is "no".

- If you mean the actions you perform the answer is "yes". And it
working even smoother without syncing to host tempo. Mobius can sync
the actions performed on all tracks to the tempo calculated according
to the first loop created on the first track. Quantizing of actions
work like this: If you for example has set the quantize value to one
cycle every action you take (like hitting "reverse" or "overdub" etc)
is performed when the music reaches the next loop cycle.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)