Re: Keller Williams / jam bands/ rc50

At 3:03 PM -0700 11/27/06, Krispen Hartung wrote:

>Now, if we're talking the really good Phish improvs, that is a
>different story....those guys know how to jam without it being a
>mind numbing, THC induced,
>drone-on-the-same-string/scale-for-a-fucking-hour fest.  You could
>take a nap, wake up and hear the same shit playing.

Ain't that the truth.  Much of what I hear in the "jam band" world is
pretty dismal stuff.

>What is left after stripping every other possible unique factor away
>from his set is that he appears to be one of the only successful
>guys doing it for large crowds...

That is worth something.

I am a songwriter first an foremost.  I use my loop devices for both
accompaniment and improvisation.  I don't think everyone who uses
loops has to spend their life at the bleeding edge of looping
technology - it's okay for it to be a tool in service of their own
muse.

It's likely that my music isn't weird enough for some of you.  I can
live with that.  But I feel that I'm making good use of the tools.

--

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730