Re: Question about looping software

OK, let me preface my answers with an acknowledgment of my complete
ignorance of terms and technique.  The following is clearly from a
layman's perspective; I'm trying to communicate concepts and probably
not using the right terms...

Per Boysen wrote:

> You're not telling what you want to do, so it might be difficult to
> give an accurate answer.
With the RC50 I could switch between loops or do simultaneous loops.
Actually, Boss' use of the term 'phrase' is probably more accurate
here.  I want to be able to do this; lay down one or more loops to
establish a repeating phrase that I can use as the base of a song
section.  From there, I want to do the same with additional phrases.  I
want the ability to either play multiple phrases simultaneously and/or
to switch between phrases.  That is the strength of the RC50.

> But, on the other hand you can run SL as a plug-in in Live and then
> the question is if you're doing it in Live or if you're doing it in
> SooperLooer ;-))

Actually, I would think that that would be what you would use the RC50
best for.  I don't think it was ever really designed to replace
'loopers'.  I think that it uses looping technology to provide the
ability to manage phrases.  Sort of 'macro loop management'.  When I was
playing with the RC50 I was able to dynamically manage the flow of music
very well.  What I couldn't do was to create unique sound (OK, actually
I did, but not in the same way that traditional loopers seem to do.)

So to answer your question, I want to use looping software to do both
sound creation and phrase management.  I think...  ;D

Sean