Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 8:43 AM
Subject: Sound quality of various loopers

Hi folks,

I haven't posted in quite some time, but now I'm back to bother you all with my silly questions.

I use a Boomerang, and although it's an easy unit to use I've noticed that there is a noticeable "tinniness" to the playback. Of course, I have it set for highest quality.

I've also noticed this on other looping devices. For example, my guitar teacher has an RC-50 which he just has hooked up to a little practice amp, I still notice a slight thinning out of the playback sound.

Is this common to all looping devices? Is there any way around this such as compensating with some kind of eq?

Thanks, and I apologize because I know my questions are very basic.

Brian