Re: Compact guitar amp...

There's a lot of money out there. A roof-top classic apartment (or floor
actually with a ballroom) is currently going in NYC for 70 million
dollars.
That's a lot of fazules! And Bently Automobiles has been advertising more
in
the periodicals.

My own impression (gleaned from shopping eBay, pawn shops, etc.) is that
used music gear seems to be priced higher than ever. I know, I know,
there's
always the good buy that someone got but I noticed that every single item
bid on eBay turns into a bidding war and drives the price up. No good
bargains there. Pawnshops used to have good stuff (I picked up a Minimoog
synthesizer a few years back for $120). Now (at least the ones I've
visited
the last few years) have cheap junk. And music stores that have used gear
(like Johnny B Goods in Pittsburgh) have all the stuff priced way too high
(is anyone paying those prices for, say, an old Yamaha midi sequencer?).

Then, there's these corporate collectors like Hard Rock cafe and
individual
collectors with deep pockets that seem to scour every guitar/synth/effect
pedal/etc. like a purse seine trawling for tuna. Guys with very deep
pockets
like Paul Allen from Microsoft.

Gibson prices seem inordinately high to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I bought a
gold
Les Paul Deluxe in, oh, 1970's for $500.00 so maybe that equates to the
current asking price. Some newer Fenders seem to be priced right but both
brands seem pricy to me for the moderately good stuff. Personally, I can
only afford guitars in the $500-1000 price point range. And I usually
stick
to lower/mid end PRS/Godin or Ephiphone brands. I doubt I'd ever spend
more
than that unless I won the lottery.

Paul