Re: guitar amps

 While I think they've become mildly "discovered" now, the Peavey classic
amps are really quite good (in the tube category). I have a really old
Classic 20 (no longer made) and it's very very nice. I think the Peavey
brand allows these to be a little cheaper than equivalents.

Clark

P.S. I don't believe I've intro'd myself to the list. I'm an "aging"
musician who was once in a touring/recording band that nobody ever heard
of (hence the "once"). I recently purchased an RC-20xl after spending
hours with the 22 seconds the giga delay's SOS feature allowed. I use
"looping" mainly for composition of standard indie rock/pop stuff.
Occasionally, late at night after several Maker's Marks, I indulge in some
noise-scaping. During the holiday break here in the US I plan on picking
up the boss foot switch that allows you to switch from loop to loop on the
RC-20xl.

Question: does anyone remember/know of a looper/composer type who's name I
believe was Paul Dresser or something like that from the early 80s? I saw
him at the Walker Art Center and I recall being transfixed. I'd like to
get some of his music. I believe he was from California and something
makes me think it was the San Fransisco area. He had a reel-to-reel with
the arms extended several feet in each direction. He also had what looked
to be a set of pedals off a large church organ that he'd hacked into his
reel-to-reel to control record on/off and track on/off. He did pieces with
a guitar and others with a simple casio keyboard. Finally, he played bare
foot, I think to better work the organ pedals. Thanks in advance for any
info.