Re: Stepping on silence, mojo and vintage gear

Speaking about guitars etc it's pretty obvious that wood, as the
construction material, resonates differently with each instrument.
But there also seems to exist some plain physical, mechanically
universal, factors laying out the foundation for music and sound as
vibration of air pressure level. As an example, when working with
synths in different studios I have noticed that the low D note is a
good pitch level for bass. Low enough for carrying a lot on its
shoulders without getting in the way but still high enough to not
loose the punch in the attack. Every time when testing out bass
patches/channels/filtering I tend to arrive at D, even when not
knowing what key we are in.

per